Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sacrifice

Sitting around in my parents home, I slowly started to see and realize the true meaning of sacrifice and unconditional love. My journey at INSEAD starts in a couple of weeks. And while I honestly have a lot of people to Thank for helping me get admitted (one in particular as well ;) I can't help but pause for a moment to see that where I am today is clearly a reflection of my humble beginnings - I truly am standing on the shoulders of giants.

From making it through Ruamrudee International School in Bangkok to my days at Vassar and then the journey that finally led to Chicago and eLoyalty... so many little gestures. so many little things. so many ways in which I've found my path - and none of them by coincidence. My family - yes, the immediate nucleus - has resonated with energy and support in ways that I don't think I'll ever fully understand, but always hope to pay forward to my own family. The sacrifices made, generally in the name of education, is something that I am thankful for every single day.

Anyhow, this is just one of those reflective moments.

But first (as The Mask might say it) I have to go through my checklist of INSEAD documents and requirements ASAP before I can even contemplate enjoying the rest of my break at home!

Health Insurance
Housing Insurance
Surveys to fill out
Pre-Reading
Packing
Document-checks
E.T.C.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vivek,

    My name is Conrad and I am emailing on behalf of Stacy Blackman Consulting (http://www.stacyblackman.com), the leading MBA admissions consulting firm. I was asked by Stacy to reach out to you because we think your blog is great and want to share your posts with our blog readership.

    We will be relaunching our popular B-School Buzz weekly update, where we bring our readers news and views from applicant and student bloggers. Here is a link to one of our old "Buzz" posts: http://www.stacyblackman.com/2009/05/04/stacy-blackmans-b-school-buzz-23/

    This time we are relaunching Buzz as more of a network. If you opt to be in our Buzz network, we will include you regularly in our posts. These articles will be on our blog, which receives tens of thousands of unique visitors every month, and will be broadcasted to our Facebook Page (2000+ fans) and our Twitter account (2500+ followers). If you are interested in this, please email me at conrad@stacyblackman.com.

    Thanks for your time and energy,

    Conrad
    Stacy Blackman Consulting

    ReplyDelete