Friday, January 7, 2011

Typos!

I kid you not - whenever I now think about writing the word INSANE I automatically write INSEAD. And yes, part of that is because there's some muscle memory associated with INS - BUT moreso because when I think INSEA... INSEANE... GAH. when i think "it" I automatically think INSEAD.

And this week has been just that. Granted a few of the things were my own doing, but in general INSEAD is what you make of it. And taking the Business Foundations course was a GREAT idea for me - I feel like this "Boot Camp" of classes in Accounting, Finance, and Quantitative Methods was a perfect way for me to stretch the muscles in my brain in prep for the ten month workout.

Yes, I know I'm all about the analogies, but seriously think about it - WHENEVER you start something new, especially over an extended period - say running for 45 minutes. If you don't stretch for at least 10-12 minutes before you start then halfway through the run you're going to start feeling sore - you might even pull a muscle. OR worse yet, once you get off the treadmill the pain in your muscles catches up and you spend the next 2-3 days limping around town!

So part of the reason I feel so strongly about that analogy is because I just went to the gym for the first time in a few weeks, stretched (not enough), and ran for about 30 minutes. Yes, I'm sore.

If I did that, however, with INSEAD, I think I might've pulled something - in my brain. Luckily I am here, barely making it through Business Foundations, and loving it. That is what I wanted from this week. To feel overwhelmed, but also to get back into the groove of school - concentrating in class, doing homework, socializing, cooking my own food, working out... all the parts of the whole that make this experience INSEAD... and INSENE at that. Dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment