Saturday, January 8, 2011

****snooze

It was bound to happen.

And it did.

Now my confidence is shattered.

And what can I do? The year has not even STARTED!

I slept in. Past my "alarm" and therefore am missing a class as we speak. It is a wrap up class which means I'm not missing much but this is sort've the worst and best thing that could've happened.

You see, I set my alarm to "Weekdays" - a cool feature you can set on your blackberry and today - the last day of business foundations - happens to be on a Saturday.

Whenever this has happened in the past - say with getting to work late, or missing a class in college, I've resorted to purchasing and setting several alarm clocks. This may become the case once more.

The other, impractical in this situation, solution has been to ask my Mom to call me (from Bangkok) at X AM my time on certain very important days... My only reasoning for this is that whenever it is early in the morning in USA it is early in the evening in Thailand, so it is not like I'm asking anyone to get up early on their own (although I have been known to ask one or two others to do that as well). Yes it is quite ridiculous, I do agree, but the stress of missing an alarm has kept me tossing and turning all night, which in turn is counterproductive to being productive the following morning when you're trying to get up early in the first place!

Needless to say, however, with the time difference between France and Thailand (or USA) plus the added cost of trying to reach me on a French cellphone - I shall not ask any such thing of anyone.

OH - that said, someone did call me around 6am my time this AM, which is what/why/how I blame for the over sleeping, because I think, it is possible, that I thought - OK I'll get up in twenty minutes, and then turned off my alarm? Or was it on the weekday setting. I'm not sure what all shenanigans I did with my phone alarm this AM.

Regardless, now I'm on my toes with regards to this waking up business and the alarm purchasing and setting. Wish me luck! OR... just call me at 8AM ;)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought you said you paid Euro 29 for an alarm clock BEFORE getting your phone plan. What happened to that? :-)

    ReplyDelete