Sunday, April 24, 2011

Allez Les Bleus!


the chant i heard in the stadium today...

which stadium?

why the bercy stadium in paris!

what were you doing in paris?

watching ice hockey!

oh wow - who was playing?

france vs. canada!

and what a match twas. To make it even more interesting, i was watching it with a frenchman and a canadian. the latter being the "true" hockey fan. the former being a true frenchman - i.e. quite patriotic :)

and the best part of this story is that i was not supposed to go to this match. apparently these two decided to buy me a ticket. or rather - lie to me: that they had already bought me a ticket to see my reaction. if i did not freak out (which i didn't do) they would buy the ticket. and so they did. and they told me this after i got on the train to paris so there was basically no turning back!

hilarious. i'm glad they did it. was quite the match and quite the experience.

now to do that... studying thing... yeah... exams start in 3 days. so many barbecues to attend before though... time to prioritize!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Vivek,
    I love your Blogs. They ramble and jump from topic to topic and are really really funny. You are very interesting; but of course I always knew that. Now a complaint! You keep talking about posting pictures and I start looking for YOU in your blogs but no pictures of you come up. We miss you!! Send us a few visual reminders of what you look like. Good luck with your exams. Love from all of us....Ambi Badoma.

    ReplyDelete